Tuesday 3 April 2012

Adnan Barakat interview

Adnan Barakat signed for MTU towards the end of last season but wrangles with his old club meant he couldn't make his debut until two weeks ago against Thai Port, but the man from Amsterdam has already made an impression with fans and shows signs of a promising attacking midfield partnership with Mario Djovski. Adnan was kind enough to correspond with me and tell me a bit about the influence of his family, his honest feelings about himself as a player, his fall out with FC Baku and his impressions of his debut......

This interview is also published in Thai thanks to Nat Yisunsri and his language skills.

How would you describe yourself as a player and what do you feel are your strengths?
คุณช่วยอธิบายเกี่ยวกับตัวคุณในฐานะนักเตะ และคุณคิดว่าจุดแข็งของคุณอยู่ตรงใหน

I am a player who has a good technique, is fast, and has a good left foot. I can give the last pass for others to score. And I have a nose for the goal. I think my heading can be better. And if I had made some other choices in my career maybe I would have been more better. I mean choices of clubs.
ผมคิดว่าผมเป็นนักเตะที่มีเทคนิคดี มีความเร็ว และมีทักษะเท้าซ้ายที่ดี ผมสามารถผ่านบอลให้กับคนอื่นทำประตูได้ และมีไหวพริบในการทำประตู
ผมว่าผมสามาถพัฒนาลูกโหม่งได้ดีขึ้นกว่านี้ และถ้าผมมีทางเลือกในการเลือกสโมสรในเส้นทางฟุตบอลอาชีพของผมที่ผ่านมา ผมน่าจะพัฒนาไปได้ดีกว่านี้อีก



You were born in Holland, did you also grow up there? Who were the important influences on your career?
คุณเกิดที่ประเทศฮอลแลนด์ แล้วคุณเติบโตที่นั่นด้วยหรือเปล่า? และใครมีอิทธิพลในเส้นทางอาชีพของคุณ

I was born in Holland, in Amsterdam. I was raised in a family with limited possibilities. But my mom always made all happen! I always played on the street until she paid for me to play in a small club. And I am grateful and thankful that she made it happen. She is the one that motivated me. And so to her all the credits! She raised 4 boys on her own. And I love her to much. She was my example for her strength.
ผมเกิดที่เมืองอัมสเตอร์ดัม ประเทศฮอลแลนด์ ผมเติบโตมากับครอบครัวที่มีข้อจำกัดในการดำเนินชีวิต แต่คุณแม่ของผมทำให้ผมมีโอกาส
ผมเคยเล่นฟุตบอลอยู่แต่ที่ข้างถนน จนคุณแม่จ่ายเงินให้ผมไปเล่นในทีมเล็กๆได้ ซึ่งผมขอบคุณท่านมากที่ทำให้เกิดโอกาสนั้นขึ้นมา ท่านเป็นผู้ที่คอยกระตุ้นผม และผมขอยกความดีความชอบให้แก่ท่าน คุณแม่ของผมเลี้ยงลูก4คนด้วยตัวเอง และผมรักแม่ผมมาก เขาคือแรงผลักดันของผม


You were playing in Azerbaijan before, how did the move to Muangthong United happen?
คุณเล่นอยู่ในลีกของอาเซอร์ไบจันมาก่อนหน้านี้ แล้วคุณตัดสินใจย้ายมาอยู่กับเมืองทองได้อย่างไร

I made a transfer to FC BAKU. They bought me from my club in Holland. I played two years there. There came a moment unexpected that the salary wasn't been paid anymore. That was the moment for me to go and sue them. And so I did. And it's still going now. But in that moment an old vice president I know introduced me to MTUTD. And they followed me and checked me out. And were interested to sign me. And the man that helped me with that was Goran. And when I came to visit and trained with the team and saw a game and the fans and the ambiance. I was sold! I said yes. This is the step that I need! And we came to an agreement me and the general manager and the president for two years contract. Happy all went smooth. I am convinced that this is the right choice for me.
ผมถูกซื้อตัวจากทีมสโมสรในฮอลแลนด์ไปอยู่กับทีม FC Baku และอยู่ๆมา ผมก็ไม่ได้รับเงินเดือนค่าจ้าง ซึ่งทำให้ผมต้องตัดสินใจฟ้องร้อง และผมก็ได้ดำเนินการไปแล้ว และปัจจุบันก็ยังอยู่ในขั้นตอนของการฟ้องร้องอยู่ ซึ่งอดีตรองประธานสโมสรฯ เป็นผู้แนะนำให้ผมได้รู้จักทีมเมืองทอง ยูไนเต็ด และเขาก็ได้ติดตามและมาดูผลงานของผม และสนใจที่จะเซ็นสัญญากับผม และคนที่ช่วยเหลือในการย้ายทีมก็คือกอรัน
เมื่อผมได้มาทดสอบฝีเท้าและได้มาเห็นเกมและแฟนบอลในสนาม มันทำให้ผมตัดสินใจและตอบตกลงได้ทันที และมันคือทางเดินที่ผมต้องการ
และเมื่อผมทำข้อตกลงกับทางผู้บริหารและผู้จัดการทีม โดยมีสัญญา2ปี มันก็ผ่านพ้นไปได้ด้วยดี ผมเชื่อว่าผมเลือกทางเดินที่ถูกต้อง


How does the standard of Thai football compare to football in Azerbaijan? Are there any other players in Azerbaijan who could play in Thailand in future?
คุณคิดว่ามาตรฐานฟุตบอลไทยเปรียบเทียบกับที่อาเซอร์ไบจันแตกต่างกันอย่างไร และคุณคิดว่าจะมีนักเตะคนอื่นในลีกของอาเซอร์ไบจันคนใหนที่อาจจะมีโอกาสมาเล่นในประเทศไทยอีกหรือไม่ในอนาคต

I think in Azerbaijan the football is way more physical than here. And more kick and rush football. Because off the weather here the pace is more slower. But that means more football on the pitch. So better for me. I don't think many players know how the football is here. So it's difficult to say if there would be more players from there to come here. But you never know. I think that every player that comes and watches a game of MTUTD he would be impressed.
ผมคิดว่าการเล่นฟุตบอลในอาเซอร์ไบจันต้องใช้แรงมากกว่านี้ มันเป็นบอลที่ต้องแตะและใช้ความเร็วในการทำบอล ผมว่าน่าจะเป็นด้วยอกากาศที่นี่มีส่วนให้การเล่นบอลช้าลง แต่ขอดีก็คือบอลส่วนใหญ่จะเล่นในสนาม ซึ่งมันเป็นผลดีกับผม
ผมไม่คิดว่าจะมีหลายคนที่โน่นจะรู้จักลีกในประเทศไทย ซึ่งมันทำให้บอกได้ยากว่าจะมีนักเตะคนอื่นในอาเซอร์ไบจันมาเล่นเพิ่มเติมอีกหรือเปล่า แต่เราก็ไม่มีทางรู้ได้ ผมว่าหากนักเตะคนใดได้มาดูเกมการเล่นของเมืองทองฯ เขาจะต้องประทับใจแน่ๆ


What did you think of your first game (against Thai Port)? Did the atmosphere surprise you?
คุณคิดยังไงกับเกมแรกของคุณที่พบกับการท่าเรือไทย และบรรยากาศในสนามทำให้คุณแปลกใจหรือไม่

I think the game was not outstanding. But we just were kind for Thai port. Cause it could have been easy 8 or 9-1. But it was a very nice debut for me with two assists and three points. So I was satisfied. The fans were great. I felt a warm welcome. And I really enjoyed the atmosphere. It was great. And nothing under my expectations.
ผมมองว่ามันไม่ได้เป็นเกมที่สุดยอดมาก แต่เราแค่ใจดีกับทีมการท่าเรือไทย เพราะเราน่าจะทำได้ 8-9 ประตูต่อ 1 เลยทีเดียว แต่มันก็เป็นเกมแรกที่ดีของผม ผมสามารถผ่านบอลให้เพื่อนทำประตูได้สองลูก และได้3แต้ม ซึ่งผมก็พอใจมาก
แฟนๆในสนามเยี่ยมมาก ผมได้รับการต้อนรับที่อบอุ่น และชอบบรรยากาศกองเชียร์อย่างมาก มันเยี่ยมมากและไม่ได้น้อยไปกว่าที่ผมคาดเอาไว้


What have been the highest and lowest points in your career so far?
อะไรคือจุดสูงสูดและต่ำสุดในการเส้นทางอาชีพของคุณ

My best moment was my European league game against Newcastle United. And I played against Alan Shearer. That was a special moment. He s a legend of course. My lowest moment would be for sure when I missed a championship with Baku with one point. But I am happy that's the worst I have been through in my career.
ช่วงเวลาที่ผมชอบมากที่สุดคือการได้เล่นในเกมยุโรเปี้ยนลีกและพบกับทีมนิวคาสเซิล ยูไนเต็ด และได้เผชิญกับอลัน เชียเรอร์ มันเป็นโอกาสที่ดีมาก เขาคือตำนานอย่างแท้จริง
ช่วงเวลาที่แย่ที่สุดคือการพลาดแชมป์กับทีมบาคูด้วยแต้มห่างเพียง1คะแนน แต่ผมก็ดีใจที่ช่วงเวลาที่เลวร้ายได้ผ่านพ้นไปจากชีวิตผมแล้ว

If you could play against any team in the world, who would you play against and why?
ถ้าคุณสามารถเลือกเล่นแข่งกับทีมใดก็ได้ในโลกนี้ คุณจะเลือกแข่งกับทีมอะไร

The team that I would like to play against would be Real Madrid. Cause I am a fan of Barcelona. I would like to know and feel how a Classico feels like!
ผมจะขอเลือกแข่งกับทีมเรียล แมดริด เพราะผมเป็นแฟนของทีมบาเซโลนา ผมอยากได้สัมผัสความรู้สึกของเกอมอันสุดคลาสสิคว่ามันจะเป็นอย่างไร

********************
Many thanks to Adnan for his time and generous character.
*********************

Photos: JIRAWAT 66818053470 mooinblack@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment