Tuesday 20 July 2010

Copyleft

Believe it or not, people occasionally ask for permission to reproduce my waffle on other websites. I've even had a couple of requests to quote my article on Thai football culture on a couple of university thesis papers.

So I'm just posting this to be clear: there's no need to request permission. Please feel very free to reproduce, quote or translate any of my drivel, anywhere, as much and as often as you wish.

All I request is that it is not edited without my approval and that a link back to my blog is quoted as the source.

However, I do not own most of the images so I cannot give permission for images to be used. Please consult the owner of the image (I give credit whenever I can) for permission to use the images. In my experience, the owner is normally happy to share the image when credit is given.


It's probably overkill, but I've stuck a Creative Commons licence at the bottom of the right side column anyway.

Oh but if your thesis gets a good score, you have to send me a pack of McVities Digestives in the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment